Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting - Redwood Creek Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Redwood Creek Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Modesto, San Joaquin Valley, California
Country: United States of America
Year: No Year
Price: $4.99 (?)
ABV: 12%


Their review: "Zesty notes of lemon and grapefruit are balanced with refreshing hints of green herbs and melon."

My review: Very clear and very little color with wide, quick legs. Allergies are making it tough to get the full aroma but I definitely get some sort of melon on the nose. The bottle has been open for a few days which may explain the complete lack of boozy smell. Not as crisp of a taste as I would expect, but it's very good. The melon is unmistakable in the flavor profile. Reminds me of some sort of green melon. I can't get much more out of it now but I do enjoy it and it's certainly reinforced my liking for sauv blancs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment