Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tasting - Attimo Winery Sweet Berry Sunset

Name: Sweet Berry Sunset
Variety: 50% Raspberry Grape Wine, 50% Red Table Wine
Region: Christiansburg, Virginia
Country: United States of America
Year: No Year
Price: $15.00
ABV: 12.5%

Their review: "This is a sweet blend of berry and red table wine."

My review: Had a glass of a bottle my friend bought from the winery. Entirely, entirely, entirely too sweet for my liking. Sickly sweet. Pours a translucent, ruby red with quick, skinny legs. A very nice looking glass of wine. Smells of pretty much only raspberries, and hints at how sweet it's going to be. But holy cow I can not get over how sweet this wine is. I had a hard time finishing the glass. At that point it was more like alcoholic grape juice. Definitely confirmed my liking for much dryer red wines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment