Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tasting - The Naked Grape Harvest Red Blend

Name: The Naked Grape Harvest Red Blend
Variety: Not Listed - Red Blend
Region: Modesto, San Joaquin Valley, California
Country: United States of America
Year: No Year
Price: $5.99 
ABV: 12%


Their review: "Aromas of raspberry and red plum. A smooth body that's blended to the beat of unrestrained character."

My review: Skinny slow legs on a very dark black and purple wine. Swirling it I can smell it from two feet away. Fairly spicy on the nose but balanced with a dark cherry or plum-y fruitiness. The taste is far more spicy than the nose gives hint to. But the body is very full. This has easily become one of my top five favorite wines. I would guess the blend is cab sauv and maybe merlot, because it is fairly dry yet robust and drinkable. It's possible it's cab sauv with pinot noir because of the drinkability I mentioned - it's hard to tell and I really wish I knew the composition now. Even with an allergy-ridden nose the spiciness and dark red fruit work so well together. I don't know if I could tell a plum from a cherry considered I can't recall ever having a plum, but this would probably lean more towards plum. I tend to really enjoy the pepperyness that the cabernet sauvignon grape offers, but I am very happy with how it's been balanced in this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment