Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tasting - Entrada Chardonnay

Name: Entrada Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Nancagua
Country: Chile
Year: 2012
Price: $5.95
ABV: 12.5%

Their review: "Entrada Chardonnay displays the attractive ripe peach and citrus notes of this classic variety, supported by crisp acidity and an enduring finish."

My review: I can't really get anything other than an alcohol and musty nose. Very few legs with the swirl. I enjoy the color - it's more golden and not as pale as other white wines I've tried. I was expecting a lot of citrus, and am getting a tiny bit of lemon, although the acidity seems to outweigh the flavor. I couldn't put a name on the fruit I was getting, but after reading the description on the bottle I can faintly pick out the peach that was mentioned. The mustiness does not come out in the flavor, fortunately, but after several tastings on different days there is still some anonymous bland flavor I can't place. Perhaps the alcohol is outweighing it. I am still working on looking past the boozy flavor. Six dollars is cheap, but I wish I could have seen another layer in this wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment